Journey.bg - Българският туристически портал
Русская версия Българска версия
Новини от бранша
Search


Subscribe

Bulgarian child averts fire tragedy in Alaska

Date: 28.01.2006

A 2-year-old boy who is learning to speak Bulgarian and English averted a possible tragedy at his home in Alaska last Friday, the Frontiersman newspaper reported.

Justin Poston walked in front of his mother as she was leaving the kitchen and said, "Ogan, ogan," according to Barry Poston, Justin's father.

"Ogan" is the Bulgarian word for fire, and Justin's mother, Stanislava, didn't recall teaching him that word, so she dismissed what Justin said and continued out of the kitchen, Poston was cited as saying.

Justin moved back into her path and switched to English, saying "Fire, fire," and started pointing to the stove. His mother then saw the fire and managed to extinguish it.

Justin's mother Stanislava is Bulgaria and everything she teaches him to say in English, she also teaches him to say in Bulgarian.

Justin is keeping mum about how he knew the word "ogen," but his parents suspect it is a word he learned from Stanislava's father, who is visiting the family.

Total views: 3 rating: 0.75
traveller's forum
No opinions






We've tried to make the information on this web site as accurate as possible, but it is provided 'as is' and we accept no responsibility for any loss, injury or inconvenience sustained by anyone resulting from this information. You should verify critical information (like visas, health and safety, customs and transportation) with the relevant authorities before you travel.


Journey Bulgaria | News | Bulgarian child averts fire tragedy in Alaska
© 2000-2017 Journey.bg. All rights reserved.