- Българският туристически портал
Русская версия Българска версия
Новини от бранша


Bulgaria Minister: Belene NPP Fate Clear in September

Date: 25.08.2009

Until the end of September there will be a clear idea of the fate of the Bulgarian Belene Nuclear Power Plant.

In an interview for bTV, the Minister of Economy, Energy and Tourism, Traicho Traikov, announced that the future of the project, whether it will be continues, or not, and if continued under what conditions will be decide in a month.

In his words, is not a vital power resource, but rather a business project, and there are several opportunities for the power plant construction.

One of the possibilities is the project to be completed under the current conditions - 51% of Belene are owned by the Bulgaria State Electric Company (NEK), and the other 49% are in the German RWE hands.

Another options is to reduce the state share and another investor, who will complete the project, to be found.

In this way Bulgaria will have blocking amount of shares, and will use them in taking decisions later. In this way the responsibility will be decreased, too, experts say.

According to some sources close to the project, there will be a search for a new investor, the Pari Daily reported.

According to Minister Traikov, the main issues that stand before the Belene NPP project are finding finding financing, and whether the project will profitable, and will have economic advantages.

He also said that a lot of money had been given so far, and the future steps should ensure that this money had not been given in vain.

Total views: 10 rating: 1.67
traveller's forum
No opinions

We've tried to make the information on this web site as accurate as possible, but it is provided 'as is' and we accept no responsibility for any loss, injury or inconvenience sustained by anyone resulting from this information. You should verify critical information (like visas, health and safety, customs and transportation) with the relevant authorities before you travel.

Journey Bulgaria | News | Bulgaria Minister: Belene NPP Fate Clear in September
© 2000-2020 All rights reserved.